They can also be used in a lot of different ways.
Because of their extreme durability and excellent graphics, plastic cards are often used in a great number of different situations. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- A Commitment To The Environment
- You can reduce waste by recycling all your old plastic cards into brand-new useful cards.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- Any business desiring to reduce its impact on the environment should use eco-friendly business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For competitive pricing and more information on custom plastic cards, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are equal, and ensuring you find the right printer for your needs necessitates a careful examination of the job ahead.
We’re here to help you find the perfect plastic card printer at the perfect price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals.
The best printer brands on our user-friendly website
Read transparent product reviews from customers just like you! Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Please don’t make shopping for an ID card printer any more overwhelming than it needs to be, just simply focus on the top five key issues to reduce your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
The single-side models are lower cost, but require more effort in printing to card backs. Double-sided card printers save time on larger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They utilize a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card but usually leave a white border on each card. Reverse-transfer printers cost more, but can print all the way up to the edge of the card and also feature higher image transfer and color quality. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies with large batches will need printers with large hopper sized, fast print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies that only print small amounts can save money by purchasing a handfed only printer, or printers without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security If cards are handled and swiped on a regular basis, for example as part of a security system, then it is essential that they are laminated.
You can also use lamination to add holograms for added security.
There are other more affordable ways to add visual security, such as utilizing watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers are capable of being connected to a PC as long as you have a USB cable.
For Mac connections, make sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capability. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is also known as an ID card printer.
Polyvinyl chloride is a popular equivalent for plastic these days, and even though you probably think first of pipes and construction, PVC happens to be a very durable plastic which is perfect for printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Any number of different methods can be used by PVC card printers to embed a design on an ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most common method of ID card printing and uses a ribbon, which has panels of the three primary colors (Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta) along its entire length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
This way you can save roughly $600.00, the cost difference between the single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
This is a good way to save $600 if you’re on a tight budget, since a dual sided card printer costs $600 more than a single sided card printer.
AN ALL-INCLUSIVE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
Additionally, a free card template library is made available at www.badgy.com, there you can personalize any template you like, add a logo barcodes, text, photos, and other options. Printing on Demand Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print just one card at a time, or in groups of any size that you may need. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can print 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, add data for your card designs with a click of your mouse, or launch a print run with variable data instantly.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer provides personalized plastic cards with professional-looking, edge-to-edge printing that will highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE Simple to get up and running, the Badgy200 is no tougher to work than a printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software gives you control over the printer from your computer through received notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
SPACE EFFICIENT The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a standard letter sized sheet of paper, making it conveniently fit into any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy gives you the power to print your own customized badges in color with professional quality whenever and wherever you want! This solution provides for the instant production of personalized cards for all kinds of uses.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy empowers you to print the badges you want, whenever and wherever you need them, in full color and professional quality.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 is unbelievably simple to install, run and maintain.
- It has a very lightweight and compact design that easily fits into nearly any office workspace imaginable.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 is perfect for graphic personalization and rapid card creation, either in singles or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for designing and printing personalized employee, visitor, event badges, library, student or membership cards, and much more.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- You can use it to design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can get a free card template library through www.badgy.com to personalize the template of your choice by adding photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- Power supply and power cable
- Installation CD, including Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and card template
- USB cable
- Power cable and power supply
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is one of the most affordable options you can buy, and it’s perfect for printing in low-volume applications. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
All of the card loading and unloading is handled via a simple tray at the front. Card printing, changing ribbons and computer connections are even simpler than the typical printer.
In addition to that, the LCD control panel makes it even easier to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
Hibernation mode kicks in when the unit is idle and saves on power.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
Also, it prints rapidly, with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
The full-color YMCKO ribbon can print 100 jobs
Personalize and print badges or ID cards whenever you need them, whether you’re printing in batches or one at a time. Print for things like: Staff ID badges
Staff ID badges
Event badges Membership cards